|CONSUMER PRIVACY AND THE MYWAY.com WEBSITE AND RELATED SERVICES
MyWay.com is operated by Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. ("Mindspark"), a part of the IAC family of businesses (www.iac.com) which includes Ask.com, iWon.com, Girlsense.com, Life123.com, Vimeo.com, Citysearch, Evite, Match.com, Girlsense.com, ServiceMagic, Gifts.com, Pronto, Shoebuy, College Humor, and many others.
We may collect information that can identify you ("personal information"), such as your name and email address, (i) when you (or other users) provide it to us when using any MyWay Product or in some other manner, or (ii) from other IAC businesses, from our business partners, and from other third parties. We may combine the personal information that we receive from different sources.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you visit any MyWay Product website:
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should we ever do so, we will comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users' movements around our site and understand trends.
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to a MyWay Product website and to personalize your online experience.
- We may use standard Internet tools, such web beacons, which collect information that tracks your use of our MyWay Product websites and enables us to customize our services and advertisements.
We may allow third-party advertising companies or ad networks to display advertisements or place ad tags on our website.
If you post information about yourself or others, or communicate with others using any MyWay Product, please note that we cannot control who reads your postings or what they do with the information you provide. We encourage you to use caution in posting personal information.
- We do not provide any personal information to these companies.
- These companies may use tracking tools, such as cookies, to collect information about computers used to view or interact with their advertisements.
- Some of these companies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers consumers the ability to opt out of ad targeting by all member companies.
|HOW WE MAY USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ||Read more|
We may use information to:
- Fulfill your requests for products and services;
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Process payment for products or services you order via an MyWay Product;
- Customize the advertising and content that you see on or via any MyWay Product;
- Facilitate use of our MyWay Products;
- Manage your account and your preferences;
- Analyze use of and improve our websites, products and services;
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our websites; and
|WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT||Read more|
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated below, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out. We may share personal information with:
We may share aggregated, non-personal information in any of the above situations and also with advertisers and others.
- Service providers, such as email service providers or credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf;
- Other IAC businesses;
- Other businesses with which we partner or which we carefully select to offer you products, services, and promotions through our MyWay Products or offline; and
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our users.
You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features of the MyWay Products;
- To stop receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to the contact address at the bottom of this policy or by clicking here;
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of the MyWay Products may not function properly;
- To review and update your personal information by contacting us at the email address below or, if you have an online account on the MyWay website, by logging into that account.
We take appropriate physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.
c/o Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc.
One North Lexington, 9th Floor
White Plains, NY, 10601
ATTN: Privacy Officer/Legal Dept.
© 2009 Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc. All rights reserved.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. When you sign in to your account on our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name on your user or member account in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may include web beacons in promotional (or other) e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.